Spring Cleaning Tips….
Spring has now officially bloomed here in Melbourne making this is an ideal time to give our hearing aids a bit of a spring clean, which is essential to ensure they work to their full potential.
Cleaning and maintaining our hearing aids is important for well-functioning and long-lasting hearing aids to ensure you are getting the best sound quality and longevity out of your devices.
Follow these 5 easy tips for keeping your hearing aids clean…
- Wipe down your hearing aids and/or earmould with a cloth, tissue, or designated hearing aid wipes or disinfecting spray.
- Locate the microphone and speaker ports of your hearing aids. Keep in mind that some hearing aids have two microphone ports. The speaker port is often covered with a white wax filter.
- Use a brush over the microphone and speaker ports to remove any loose wax or debris.
- Use a wax pick to clear out the microphone or speaker port. Do not stick anything longer into the microphone, as it can damage the components. Replace the wax filter if needed.
- Locate the vent of the hearing aid. This is an opening that allows air to go from one side of the hearing aid to the other. Use a vent cleaner to clear out the vent.
If you require further assistance, would like an appointment, or require some additional items, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Book a hearing test today either by calling us on 1300 787 792 or pop in and visit us in person at 321 Main Street, Lilydale or email us at email@example.com