October 10th is World Audiologist Day. The day is dedicated to healthcare professionals who identify, assess, and manage disorders of hearing, balance, and other neural systems.
Hearsmart is The One-Stop clinic which provides balance, dizziness and tinnitus assessments and solutions and children’s hearing assessments along with hearing solutions under Hearing Service Program, Department of Veteran Affairs and Worksafe VIC.
Our primary function is to help people to achieve the greatest enjoyment from life with the hearing they have and provide solutions for better hearing.
Meet our team:
- Shipra Ojha a dually qualified Audiologist and Speech Pathologist who opened Hearsmart in 2006 with the dream of providing the best possible hearing care with an independent and ethical approach. Shipra has more than 30 years working alongside some highly regarded audiologists, ENT surgeon’s and therapists.
- Crystal Atkins who specializes in children’s hearing assessments and vestibular audiology assisting our customers in areas concerning balance and vertigo issues. Crystal has just returned from maternity leave and is excited to be back with her regular clients and welcoming new ones.
- Julie Cato has worked in the industry for a number of years in Australia as well as through the public system (the NHS) in the UK. Julie is an excellent paediatric audiologist and also specialises in balance and dizziness assessments.
- Our customer support officers Karen, Becky and Carolyn are dedicated to providing the best service in a friendly relaxed customer-focused environment.
We are happy to see anyone with hearing difficulties regardless of how straightforward or complex they may perceive their hearing issues. We offer the following services:
- Hearing tests and consultations for ages above 9 months
- Advice on and prescription of all types of hearing aids
- Earwax removal using Micro-suction and Micro-curettage
- Tinnitus therapy, counselling and education
- Balance and dizziness assessments
- Hearing aid fitting and management
- Fully independent and professional advice
Put your hearing in our hands and we will look after you.
You can contact us on 1300 787 792 or call in to visit us at 321 Main Street, Lilydale, 3140.