A large segment of the senior population is at greater risk for depression, and a hearing loss can be a silent contributor. People with hearing loss gradually begin to withdraw from family and friends. Did you know… If your office sees twenty-one adults age sixty-five or others, seven will have a hearing loss. The majority of these adults will have sensori-neural hearing losses and can only be helped with hearing instruments. Hearing loss is the third most prevalent chronic disability among older adults, superseded only by arthritis and hypertension. At Hearsmart Hearing Solutions, we have the most advanced hearing devices and equipment for auditory assessment available.
- Audiograms: hearing screening tests and comprehensive hearing assessments
- Tympanograms: Ipsilateral and Contralateral measurements
- Information and Counselling about hearing aids
- Choosing and fitting hearing aids
- Performing Real Ear Verifications to assess the efficacy of hearing aids
- Tinnitus Assessment, counselling and management
- Making impressions for ear molds, hearing protection (eg. industrial noise plugs) and specialty molds (eg. Swim plugs, musician ERl5 or ER25 plugs,)
- Hearing aid repairs
- Counselling and providing clients with assertive listening devices such as amplified telephones, FM systems, TV Listening systems, safety warning devices (e.g. Smoke detectors and vibrating alarm clocks), PersonaI Amplifier Systems (eg. Pocket Talker)
- Bluetooth technology
- Battery sales
M.Sc(Speech and Hearing) Maud SA CCp
Please fill in the form below, and one of our staff will be in contact with you shortly.